Tips for Holding a Garage Sale
Use a garage sale to reduce the clutter in your home and get rid of itmes
you don't want to move.
1. Check with your city government to see if you need a permit or
2. See if neighbors want to participate and have a "block" sale to attract
3. Advertise. Put an ad in free classified papers, put up signs and
balloons at major intersections and in stores near you home.
4. Price items ahead and attach prices with removable stickers. Remember,
garage sales are supposed to be bargains, so don't try to sell anything of
significant value this way.
5. Check items before the sale to be sure you haven't included something you
want by mistake.
6. Keep pets away from the sale.
7. Display everything neatly and individually so customers don't have to dig
8. Have an electrical outlet so buyers can test appliances.
9. Have plenty of bags and newspaper for wrapping fragile items.
10. Get enough change, and keep a close eye on your cash.
This free report is provided to you by Lynnette Wallace, Your Hat Lady in
Real Estate and Help U Buy Realty. For more information, please call
817-454-3641 or e-mail HatLady@HatLadyRealEstate.com.